Geography 3000y --Field Methods & Practices
(aka "Field Camp")
This full year, half-course involves a one-week field excursion to a location
away from the University of Western Ontario campus. Participation in this
course is mandatory if you are an Honors Specialization student in year three
of your program and optional if you are in year three or four of a Major in Geography. All field camps stress the importance of preparation prior to departure, the practice of geography in the field, and the completion of one
or more assignments in the field and after returning to Western.
Field Camp expenses are generously subsidized by the Faculty of Social Science Students' Council. We are grateful for their continuing support for these valuable (and memorable) excursions.
Tentative Departure/Return Dates for Fall 2013
- Montreal: Sunday, September 29th - Friday, October 4th
- Ontario: Sunday, September 29th - Friday, October 4th
- Kentucky: Saturday, September 28th - Friday, October 4th
September 2013 Organizational Meetings
- Montreal: Thursday, September 12th, 4:30-6:30, Stevenson Hall room 1155
- Ontario: Wednesday, September 11th, 5:00-7:00, SSC 2322E Pleva room
- Kentucky: Thursday September 12th, 5:30-7:30, SSC 2322E Pleva room and Thursday September 19th, 5:30-7:30, SSC 2322E Pleva room
Field Camp Sections for 2013
Academic Focus links to the
|001||Montreal||Dr. J. Hopkins||TBA||Urban Geography|
|002||Ontario - Killarney||Dr. M. Pazner||TBA||Geographic Techniques|
|003||Kentucky||Dr. C. Smart||TBA||Physical Geography|
Please direct enquiries to Angelica Lucaci, the
Undergraduate Program Advisor
Phone: 519-661-2111 Ext. 86052.